Let me break this down:
- Race is a social construct invented by Western Europeans to justify chattel slavery. Preferences aren’t biological or something you are born with, because race didn’t even exist until about 500 years ago.
- Among PoC, there is no race/ethnic group/country where all the people have anything in common besides being from a certain part of the world. Among PoC, there is no race where every member has the same skin color, hair color, hair type, eye color, language, clothing, culture, etc.
- The only race whose members all have something in common is white- all white people have to have light skin in order to be white. This rule was created by white people themselves, and is intentionally exclusive.
- Don’t even pretend that you don’t know there is a racial hierarchy in beauty. Everyone knows that in Western culture white women are seen as the most desirable, black women are seen as the least desirable, and everyone else is in the middle. Funny how these “innate” and “random” preferences seem to line up perfectly with white beauty standards/white supremacist ideals.
- No more false equivalencies. PoC not wanting to date white people is not the same as the reverse. PoC almost never believe that white people are unattractive/ugly, they just find it too difficult to meet a white person who is actively unlearning and working to dismantle white supremacy.
- Stop trying to defend yourself. If you have racial or ethnic preferences, whether they are positive or negative, you are the problem, stop blaming it on everyone else. You have to acknowledge and unlearn whatever stereotype you’ve absorbed.
Like a previous post I made, this post is also not a place to try to debate whether racial preferences are bad or not. I’ve made my statement based on pretty obvious facts about Western culture and white supremacy. If you don’t agree, move on.
However, feel free to share your experiences with this (either involving you or someone else).
Is this the world’s slowest game of leapfrog? Photographer captures moment a snail crawls onto a green tree frog and perches on their HEAD…
The frog is the pet of Indonesian photographer Lessy Sebastian. Mr Sebastian decided he wanted some photos of his pet frog enjoying the sun. All the photos are by Lessy Sebastian/Hotspot Media via Daily Mail.
Todays Cuteness :) (via 500px / Good morning, photographer :-) by Florian Warnecke)
Sonya Renee “What Women Deserve”
This gives me chills, even makes me tear up every time I watch this. So powerful.
People rarely use hard ‘no’s in everyday life.
We say ‘oh something came up’ or ‘maybe another time’ and no one ever thinks those things mean yes.
But all of a sudden where sex is concerned you get all these fucking rapists going ‘oh well she didn’t technically say no so I didn’t know’.
You knew what you did.
If you need to look up help but don’t want to leave a trail that has to be deleted, download Google Chrome. If you open the browser and hit Ctrl + Shift + N (⌘-Shift-N for Macs), it will open Incognito Mode. Websites will still be able to track you as it doesn’t hide your IP (it’s not a proxy), but Chrome will not save your cookies, browsing history, or anything else. All you need to do is click one X, and it’s all gone.